Miami Country Day School aspires to promote the six potentials (Aesthetic, Spiritual, Physical, Social, Intellectual, Emotional) in the goal of educating the whole child. Personal expression through the arts is central to our development as individuals. At every stage of a student’s growth, the opportunity to explore one’s creativity is made possible through our arts-related classes, clubs, guest speakers, and performances. Through the creative process, our students begin to learn something about their own humanity as young actors, painters, musicians, photographers, and sculptors.
The talented Arts faculty is responsible for inspiring students to dream big, play freely, take risks in a safe space where failure is a learning experience. Students are encouraged to make leaps of imagination so they can live their truth as ethical global citizens. Country day values our students’ voice and nurture their creative process. It is our mission to inspire a lifelong involvement in the Arts for all.
The Arts at Country Day Learning Goals
Students will be able to independently use their learning to:
- Discover at least one of the Arts disciplines in which they develop the confidence and emotional connection to continue active involvement by creating, performing or responding to that art throughout their lives.
- Be educated, culturally open, accepting, and informed consumers of the arts.
- Apply the disciplines of practice, resilience, and perseverance to life experiences.
- Seek, process and thoughtfully apply constructive feedback.
- Problem-solve, analyze, synthesize and think creatively and critically
For an archive of students' performances, check out our online Livestreaming archive