Home►Students►Clubs►Quill and Scroll Journalism Honor Society
Quill and Scroll Journalism Honor Society
Quill and Scroll was organized April 10, 1926, by a group of high school advisers for the purpose of encouraging and recognizing individual student achievement in journalism and scholastic publication.
According to the constitution, members of Quill and Scroll must be chosen from students enrolled in the high school who, at the time of their election, meet the following requirements:
1. They must be of junior or senior classification; second semester sophomores may be initiated during the last grading period of their sophomore year, their membership becoming effective at the beginning of their junior year.
2. They must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
3. They must have done superior work in some phase of journalism or school publications work. They may be staffers of a magazine, newspaper, yearbook, news bureau or radio/television station.
4. They must be recommended by the adviser or by the committee governing publications.
5. They must be approved by the Society’s Executive Director.